Friday, November 28, 2008

digicolour'd

happy thanksgiving, all ye american people who are kindly letting me go to art school in your country and teaching me the ways of the animator! :)

almost all my friends went home for turkey weekend, boo. as for me, I've just been in the dorm doing stuff. I've been doing some school work but at the same time it feels great to be able to draw and art (yes, art is a verb now) just for the heck of it; lately I've been so concerned with thesis and school-drawing/animating so it's nice to have some extra time to relax and just have fun again. :)

I hadn't digitally coloured anything in quite a long time, and I think the school cintiqs are ruining me for my tablet. some quality bamboo time was in order, so I dug up some lineart I already had on my computer to work on (original sketches are all in previous post, actually). plus I needed to practice my digital inking anyway - that was never something I was particularly good at.


my character Penny. I haven't digitally inked with coloured lines in a long time.


shading-with-different-colours experiment, I'm trying to build up my confidence with colour usage. I haven't cel-shaded in a really long time either, wow. I know the proportions and such are kind of off and the shading itself is pretty quick 'n dirty, but I still like it, and I quite like the colours too. must do this more.


this was just a silly thing I liked enough to colour. people who've been familiar with my art for some time might notice that my drawing style has been getting a lot looser and more cartoony as of late, and since I've been drawing greyhounds, whippets and other sighthounds for years and years now (seriously... since I was 10, that's about 12 years) they're a fun subject to try and reinterpret. :)

I've also been sketchbooking lots and loving it, but that will have to wait until I get access to a scanner and such.
♥ ♥ ♥ all round!

2 comments:

suz said...

oh cool. i tried to add you when you left a comment on my blog before but i didn't see one and now i do see one so i'm adding you yay

Dominic Philibert said...

Thanx Shelley!
Love these drawings!!!!
Keep me posted.