Wednesday, December 17, 2008

oh look, a post

whooo, I fly home to Singapore tonight for the holidays, but first an update!
first, sketchbook stuff:



I love drawing toy breed dogs. they've got 'cute' proportions which I'm more inclined to favour in my character designs, and I think they're a lot of fun to exaggerate and stylise as well since a lot of them look kind of weird. the 'ugly' or 'weird' dogs are the ones I find the most fun to draw. :)

as you can see though, I also like making them badass.


werepomeranian, werechihuahua, werepoodle. I think I need to draw these guys more often.

next, I played another round of what we now affectionately call 'sketchbook hero' with some other animators! the results are thus:


this is pretty self explanatory. I really like my ugly turtle, I might make him a character. or something.


drawing of Ed is pretty blah (I get self conscious drawing my friends, I seriously need to get over that), and I don't particularly want to explain the happy little bunny-sunshine-flowers scene. but apparently considering 'mafia/gangsta clown on crack' came completely out of left field, I did pretty well!

finally a figuredrawingdump since I haven't done one of those in a while:



♥ and ☮ and happy holidays, all!

2 comments:

Kernel Cat said...

Hey I am sorry I didn't text you this morning, I didn't sleep at all last night so I slept in obviously.

Want to wish you a safe trip! Have some fun with your family. I'll miss texting you random crap but you'll be back in January. :) Let me know when you get there by email so I can quit worrying. :3

Michael J. Ruocco said...

You know, when I was a toddler I knew several dogs who looked just like those big-mouthed toy dogs, teeth, foam & all. I'm not exaggerating.

I wish I was at THAT Sketchbook Hero. It sounds like you guys had a really good set of ideas to draw. That turtle makes me feel happy, sad & scared all at the same time.

I hope you had a nice, smooth, uneventful flight back home on the other side of the globe & that you have a fun, relaxing holiday away from SVA (triple rhyme score). See you when you get back.